Welcome! I’m Caitlyn, thank you for stopping by! This is my blog, such as it is, where I hope to share my heart as simply and vulnerably as possible.
I believe in all the simple things of life. A God who loves endlessly, a warm cup of coffee, an honest conversation, and the power of a good string of pearls. I’ve written a few novels (buried so deep in the interweb that one must lose a part of their own soul to find them), and always have a new project floating in my head. I love writing, journaling, blogging, texting – really anything that allows me to express my thoughts in words.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m a newbie artist. That hobby consists of me, covered in acrylic paint, asking Bob Ross why he moves so fast that I can’t keep up.
- I have a dog which I adore – Willow – who is currently curled up next to me asleep as I edit this page. She’s a fluffy little maltipoo who licks everything in sight. Sometimes she licks the air for the heck of it.
- Cooking is another passion of mine. Is there anything more rewarding than feeding a hungry person with something from your own hands?
- I love the color blue in all shades and pink in only the palest hues.
- My favorite movie is Steel Magnolias – like the good Southern woman I am. I also have watched Hot Rod more times than I can count, which isn’t as classy but it’s the funniest movie in existence.
- My favorite word to say is “platitude”, because it’s just fun and makes me sound smart.
- My favorite novel is The Sentinels of Andersonville by Tracy Groot.
- I listen to all genres of music, but my favorites to listen to are CCM, Indie pop, and all the 40s/50s crooners. I’m also generally bumping a few Andy Mineo jams when I run errands.
- I can eat my body weight in Cheez-its.
Anyway, that’s enough about me! Enjoy your stay and hop on over to my blog to read my latest posts!