Welcome! I’m Caitlyn, thank you for stopping by! This is my blog, such as it is, where I hope to share my heart as simply and vulnerably as possible.
I believe in all the simple things of life. A God who loves endlessly, a warm cup of coffee, an honest conversation, and the power of a good string of pearls. I’ve written a few novels (buried so deep in the interweb that one must lose a part of their own soul to find them), and always have a new project floating in my head. I love writing, journaling, blogging, texting – really anything that allows me to express my thoughts in words.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m a newbie artist. That hobby consists of me, covered in acrylic paint, asking Bob Ross why he moves so fast that I can’t keep up.
- I have a dog which I adore – Willow – who is currently curled up next to me asleep as I edit this page. She’s a fluffy little maltipoo who licks everything in sight. Sometimes she licks the air for the heck of it.
- Cooking is another passion of mine. Is there anything more rewarding than feeding a hungry person with something from your own hands?
- I love the color blue in all shades and pink in only the palest hues.
- My favorite movie is Steel Magnolias – like the good Southern woman I am. I also have watched Hot Rod more times than I care to mention, which isn’t as classy but it’s the funniest movie in existence.
- My favorite word to say is “platitude”, because it’s just fun and makes me sound smart.
- My favorite novel is The Sentinels of Andersonville by Tracy Groot.
- My favorite nonfiction books are: Graceful by Emily Freeman, To Hell With The Hustle by Jefferson Bethke, and Stop Calling Me Beautiful by Phylicia Masonheimer.
- I listen to all genres of music, but my favorites to listen to are CCM, Indie pop, and all the 40s/50s crooners. I’m also generally bumping a few Andy Mineo jams when I run errands.
- I can eat my body weight in Cheez-its.
- I’m always, always, ALWAYS down for a theology chat. Sometimes I get in over my head, but I’m learning it’s okay to look stupid sometimes.
Anyway, that’s enough about me! Enjoy your stay and hop on over to my blog to read my latest posts!